Discountmugs - Refuses to take exchanges or returns from dissatisfied customers!

I wanted black stemmed wine glasses to match some I have.The product I got looked CHEAP (though they were $10/glass), and the stem was a smoky grey transparent stem instead of a solid black I hoped for, and didn't match the ones I had at all.

I was very dissatisfied with the quality and stem color. I tried to return them, but they REFUSED. They only return if "defective". I felt the color was defective as it was NOT black, and they looked CHEAP, but they refused to accept them.

They said the stem was clearly see through on the photo (it didn't look like it to me or I wouldn't have purchased them as I wanted BLACK SOLID stem). I then asked if I could exchange for glasses that had solid black stems, which is what I thought I bought. They said I could not - they could only give me a 10% discount on the new glasses, and I had to keep the original ones. The glasses I bought were not engraved, so they could have been resold.

Here's a photo - does that look grey/transparent, or black to you?As you can see, stem does NOT look like their product photo!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Service
    • False advertisement
    • Dishonest

Reason of review:
Poor quality, product not as pictured.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Discountmugs Online Order
Review category
review #846794 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Discountmugs? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 11 #1171706 Minneapolis, Minnesota

They contacted me and gave me a 100% FULL REFUND including shipping, so I'd like to delete or update my review regarding their customer service. They even reimbursed for shipping, which was more than what I sought.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Discountmugs. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Discountmugs.
Filing a new complaint about