My daughters 5th birthday has been ruined by discountmugs order number (DM376157). I ordered mugs for a 5th bday party on july 1st. The final approval was given on July 16th and I was promised and guaranteed delivery by the 29th-30th. Eveytime I called and asked when the item will be shipped I was told by customer service (Hector, Betsy) it is being shipped today and when I complained why do I keep getting the same response, I got no answer. The item was finally shipped on July 28th with a delivery date of Aug. 2nd. when I called to speak to a manger (Von Quach) I was told she just went into a meeting and will call me back. No manager ever called me back and no one else bothered to follow up as well. I was led to believe that this company is legitimate and prides itself on customer service, what I found it is that is not true in any sense. I was given the run around with no help from anyone. I ask that this company's rating be changed to an F and all consumers know not to order anything from this company. My daughter was excited to give her friends a keepsake from her bday and now that cannot happen due to the poor service from discountmugs. ---------------------------------- Below is the email response I was given by a rep that states that I will have the mugs on the 30th the latest.

---------------------Response : It seems this order was shipped a day later than planned and it is scheduled to arrive 8/2. Unfortunately once an order is in transit I cannot have it expedited. If you choose that you do want this order please reject the delivery and we will issue you an in store credit once I have received the merchandise. I apologize for the delay.

Cust Svc

Comment By : daniel

Date : 07-29-2010 10:08am

--------- Response : I have spoken with the production team and we will be shipping this order to arrive 7/30 the latest. I apologize for the delay. Cust Svc Comment By : daniel Date : 07-27-2010 10:35am -------------- When do you need it?: 7-29-10 Describe:My order has still not been shipped.I spoke to a rep on Friday and they advised that me they would expedite and have it shipped on friday, but as of 5PM today the order has still not been shipped. I need this order delivered by July 29th.

I am seeking a full refund and an apology for ruining my daughter's 5th bday that everyone in the family was looking forward to. My daughter was excited to give her friends a keepsake from her bday and now that cannot happen due to the poor service from discountmugs.

Review about: Discountmugs Shipping Service.

Had an Experience with Discountmugs?

Comments

discountmugs gave me and my husband a big headache...we ordered 50 customized water bottles nov. 27, 2011 and we needed these by dec 17; the orders arrived a day before that so we were stressed all along as we don't know if we needed a back up; these are souvenirs for my husband's 40th and my son's 4th bday. we don't have a choice but to go ahead and use it even if all of the bottles are of poor quality--- the printed words are not even in the center as promised; the rubber in the bottle covers some are missing, it was a total disaster .our order no is DM640421.

Steve seems to be missing the point.If the customer was told the order was shipping on a certain date, the order should have shipped on that day.

The supplier should have stepped up and ate the cost of air shipment.

Problems happen with all companies.When they do, it's important that the problem is resolved, even if it costs a few extra bucks.

Steve, what's the name of your company?

"guaranteed delivery"?there's no such thing unless you ship 'guaranteed' (which I am sure you didn't want to pay for just like your entire order).

order sooner next time. I have been a promotional products distributor for years and customers don't understand that "I want it now" costs $$$ and they don't want to pay it. if one is so concerned about their in-hands date, my advice is to order two months in advance. why?

if there are delays in production, final art approval or an exception with freight, you are still in the clear. you are questioning this company's legitimacy? oh, c'mon. I deal with people all day long who want their hands held and you hold them and they still don't budge.

you know why your order was refunded in full? because discountmugs doesn't need you. if you don't want to pay rush fees and expedited freight costs than you are at the mercy of industry tolerance.

and what are 5 yr olds going to do with mugs anyway?they were for you and your cronies.

#322049

Was told on phone my order was being shipped on 27th July, called on Aug 3rd to see when delivery was to be expected.Said it was still in production.

Very poor communication and order production was much longedr than claimed.:(

I recently purchased from DiscountMugs and do not understand where these complaints are coming from.I checked up on their GOOGLE REVIEWS (which means that people have to order to place a review) and they seem like a great company, and I certainly love them!

I used them for my sister's wedding favors. I told them about the event date and an agent even contacted me to make sure everything was right before they ship it out- I got it like two weeks in advance! They are a GREAT company and helped me a lot. My sister could not be happier with her favors!

Thank you DiscountMugs!:)

Teaman27 -

if you ever need personalized products in the future, go with 4AllPromos. We have the lowest prices guaranteed, and most importantly the best customer service in the industry. Our website is www.4allpromos.com and you can call us anytime at (866) 732-3386.

teaman27

I am happy to report that after filing a complaint here and with the BBB, I was given a full refund.